Bipods & Tripods for Coyote Hunting

The 2 main features I look for in a bipod is the ability to pan left and right on a swivel point and that the legs adjust in length


When using a heavier rifle I would be looking to get a bipod where the legs are several inches apart at the swivel point. This distance should provide a more stable rest and prevent it from tipping over accidentally. 

Avoid getting knock-off mimics of popular brands such as Atlas or Accu-tac. I have seen people buy them and later complain about how unstable they are. Don't waste your time and money. Since I already have a lot of experience with those two brands I can say they are solid. 

For tripods I go with the Primos Trigger Sticks almost all the time. It's affordable, stable and versatile. It does not require any mate to a rail on the rifle because you just lay it on top of the v-shaped rest where it rotates 360 degrees. You can raise and lower this product from sitting to standing positions in seconds. I have been using them for years.

Primos Trigger Sticks

If you are going to setup in a position for long periods of time and prefer to use a tripod then I would recommend looking at the Field Optics Research models or something of similar quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment